Monday, August 4, 2008

An Introduction to "Legalism or Liberalism that is the question. . . " Part 3

I am now writing the third part to a blog that at its beginning was only intended to be solo. But as stated earlier, two very important questions were asked concerning the first blog. One of those questions was answered in part 2. It is now my objective in answering that second question. Before going any further I would caution the reader that if he/she has not read the first two entries this third will not be as helpful as it would, should the reader read the part 1 and 2 first.

At the on sight of working this blog I really wanted to title this “Living in realization of the reality of who we are in Christ for the victory accomplished by Him” However, there were two problems with this: first, this title is too reminiscent of the puritans (which really isn’t a bad thing) and second, most who have been following in this series would not recognize this title as being part 3 of the series at hand. That being said, I did want to title this blog that because it will be the main theme of the upcoming blog.

One of the objectives I set out in answering this question was reading through the N.T. and take notes on passages dealing with this question in mind. (For those of you in Bible school, I don’t think I was committing the sin of Isogesis, but rather seeing if the scriptures addressed this topic [a.k.a. Systematic Theology]) So I will not be dealing with one passage , but rather a plethora. This being the case I will not be putting the scripture passages in here but rather reference them in hope that you will have your Bible with you when reading this. Which I really encourage you to have one while reading this blog entry. However, when I do quote a passage I will be quoting from the [inspired ;-) ] ESV.

Before I begin I want the reader to know that my goal is to Glorify God by displaying the glory of the Son Jesus Christ. In doing this I hope to serve you (the reader). This being said, their are better articles and books written on this topic. So I would like to refer the readers to a book that I have found most helpful! You can find the book here. Now let us begin to answer this important question concerning the topic being discussed here.

No comments: