Monday, April 23, 2007

Every part is NEEDED!!!

In the Last blog we looked at some important gifts that are given to the Church for the building up of it.

It is has often been thought, although not often said, that these gifts: Apostleship, Prophecy, Evangelists, Pastors and teachers are more important than some of the other gifts that are given to the church for the building up of itself.

This thought is so destructive!

It IS taught in scripture that EVERY part is necessary for the building up of the Church. Please follow me in Ephesians 4.

"Until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of statue which belongs to the fullness of Christ. So then we will no longer be children tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the TRUTH in LOVE, we are to grow up in ALL aspects into Him who is the head, Christ. From whom the body being fitted and held together by what EVERY JOINT SUPPLIES, according to the proper working of each INDIVIDUAL PART, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love."

I put the all the words I wanted to emphasize in all caps.

When I first came across this passage I was so greatly distured in my soul. And this is why, I am a firm believer in God's sovereignty and it has long been my conviction that Christ build's His Church, Christ will build HIMSELF a temple.

Indeed, this is what it says in Matthew 16:18. However, there is more to the story yet to be revealed by God to His holy Apostles and Prophets concerning this mystery of Christ.

And so here we are with my dilemma, "If Christ builds His Church how then is this passage saying it is 'fitted' and "held" together by ALL the parts which 'causes the growth'?"

This, however, after much prayer and meditating became a passage of scripture that has most encouraged me these past few days.

Christ, indeed, is and will continue to build His Church. And nothing not even the gates of Hell are going to stop Him! But here is the cool part, what the Ephesians passages then answers is "how is He going to build it?"

CHRIST is both working IN us and THROUGH us to build His church. And it is absolutely crucial that every part does it's job. I need the brother in Africa so that I may grow! And there are brothers in China who need me so that they may grow. And if one part of the body were to fail, then the church would cease from growing!

This is a HUGE and IMPORTANT truth that needs to be proclaimed more often dear brothers and sisters! Know this! You are important not because of what you can do! But because of what God IS doing THROUGH you.

Remeber back when we were examining Ephesians 3 and we saw that God answers request according to the "power" that works "within US". This is the same idea!

Paul has taken it from, chapter 3, an individual basis and is now showing this on a universal scale! This brings me much joy that God is working THROUGH ME not only to make me like Christ! But He is also working THROUGH ME constantly to cause the growth of every single one of my dear brothers and sisters to be like Christ.

God works through us in such a way that the Temple of God is both "fitted" and "held together" by what every single one of us supplies. And He does this how?

"...according to the proper working of each individual part..."

Are you beginning to see this GLORIOUS TRUTH?

Jesus, after purchasing for us redemption, the Holy Spirit, and so much more on the cross, ascended into the highest point where He is seated and sent us the HOLY SPIRIT who distributes among the church specific and crucial gifts perfectly appointed for its particular good work which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them! And in return God is glorifed for being both the author and finisher of His Temple in which He dwells and will soon (Maranatha) dwell in the fullness of His glory!

I rejoice in this truth and I will continue to rejoice in this TRUTH!

And I rejoice in knowing that the Spirit inside of you rejoices with me! I would like to close with a passage of scripture I closed another blog with that I feel is applicable.

"Now to Him who is able to do for more abundantly beyond ALL that we ask or think, according to the POWER that works within US, to HIM be the GLORY in the Church and in Christ Jesus, to ALL GENERATIONS forever and ever! AMEN!"

-God through the Apostle Paul

2 comments:

treasuringJesus said...

Yes, brother, every part is, indeed, needed. I needed you to write that. For it certainly serves to uproot my pride knowing that I am not independent. God is so good to fashion us as parts of Christ's body for the common goal of bringing "about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations" (Romans 1:5, ESV).

treasuringJesus said...

By the way, that meal looks so nummy! :)